Thursday, May 05, 2005

Skinny Legs and All

Just finished reading Skinny Legs And All by Tom Robbins and it is up there on my favorite books list... up there with Island by Aldous Huxley and Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. I like my novels to be spiritual yet playful. Skinny Legs being especially playful. Now that I've read my first Robbins novel and been introduced to his playful use of language and metaphor I plan on reading many more of his works.

1 comment:

Kate Jongbloed said...

YES! Another Robbins convert. I was once reading Fierce Invalids Home from HOt Climates in a Second Cup on Yonge, on a really shitty rainy day, and a guy knocked on the window by my table and gave me the thumbs up. He acted out "I have read them all and he's great" with his hands. It was a moment. Tom Robbins does that to you.

Kate